Top Loading Washing Machine or Front Loading Washing Machine
Every type of washing machine has the same job but the difference is about their features and how they work… The top loading washing machine and front loading washing exactly do the same job to wash clothes. But the difference is how clothes are placed in the washing machine from the front side of the machine or from the top side of the machine. You will get to know the best washing machine brand from here.
Difference between the top loading washing machine and front load washing machine
Washtub of the Top loading washing machine sits vertically while the electric motor sits underneath the tub and rotates the tub. Whereas in front load washing machine wash tub is horizontally situated and electric motor sits back side of it. Overall, we can say that in the top load washing machine, clothes are placed from the top side, whereas in a front load washing machine, clothes are placed from the front side of the washing machine.
Top load washing machine needs so much water to cover all the clothes. Whereas the front load washing machine needs only one of the third amount of water. This is just because its drum sits horizontally and while rotating drum, it turns the clothes back into the water. For rinsing the clothes, top load washing machine fills the water to cover all clothes.
Whereas the front load washing machine is used to spray the water on the clothes while moving the drum. Overall, the front load washing machine saves a lot of water if we use to compare it with the top load washing machine.
A top load has more Washing capacity
The front load washing machine doesn’t have any agitators so that many clothes can be placed inside the washing machine. So that, if we will compare it with the top load washing which has agitators, equivalent capacity front washing machine can wash more clothes.
Front load is Energy efficient
Front load washing machines are energy efficiency compared to the top loading washing machine. Also, this type of washing machine runs for a long duration, but on slow speed and rinse, spin speed and duration are optimal to remove the detergent, water from clothes. Top load washing machine takes so much time for drying the clothes.
lifespan of clothes
The Top load washing machine generally uses agitator or impeller or pulsator. It is used to pass detergent water throughout the clothes. But you should know that these agitators seize, knot and stretch the clothes. The front load washing machine does not use any type of agitators, impellers or pulsators. If we used to compare it with the top load washing machine, the front load washing machine is used to wash the clothes gently and keeps clothes lifespan.
The top loading washing machines are always the first choice of users. This is just because they don’t need to bend to load clothes if you are using a top load washing machine. If if you are using top load then for unloading clothes, you just have to bend to get clothes out. While if you are using front load washing machine then you have to bend or sit on the floor to load as well as unload the clothes. Just take an example of it, If you are suffering from back pain suffers then usage of front load washing is quite troublesome to you. Take the information of the best washing machine brand from here.
You can add clothes in last minute
Now when we talk about adding clothes during the mid of the process then you can add them to the top load washing machine. While if we talk about the front load washing machine then it does not allow you to open the door once the wash cycle started until it completes. However, top loading washing machines allow you to paused and flexible to add clothes even after wash cycle started.
No doubt, Front load washing machines are expensive due to their advanced features and energy efficiency. The price of Front load washing machine starts from 25,000 rupees and goes up to 50,000 rupees. Whereas top load washing machine price starts from 10,000 rupees to 30,000 rupees in India. You will get to know the best washing machine brand from here.
Pros and cons of top load washing machines
Pros of Top-load washing machine machine
- Top load cost significantly less than front-loaders
- While the top load washing machine has fewer special features that could potentially malfunction
- But the top load do a great job cleaning clothes
- Also, This type of washing machine allows you to toss items in after the load has started
- The top load washing machine doesn’t require you to bend or kneel to fill-ups
Cons of Top-loader machine
- The top load washing machine comes with an agitator sticking up in the middle
- Usually, they offer significantly less capacity than front-loading washers
- The top load washing machine also requires enough water to cover the clothes in the tub.
- These type of washing machine agitate at 1000 to 1400 RPM during the water removal cycle. You will get to know the best washing machine brand from here.
List of top 10 top load washing machine
- Whirlpool 7 kg Semi-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine (Superb Atom 70S, Grey)
- Haier 5.8 kg Fully-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine (HWM58-020, White)
- Samsung 6.2 kg Fully-Automatic Top Load Washing Machine (WA62M4100HY/TL, Imperial Silver)
- Whirlpool 7 kg Fully-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine (WHITE MAGIC ELITE, Grey
- LG 6.5 kg Inverter Fully-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine (T7581NDDLG, Middle Free Silver)
Front-load machine pros:
- The front load washing machine is quite gentle.
- They “agitate” by turning the drum. This is just like a clothes dryer does. As it has no agitator to obstruct then items are cleaned more gently
- The front load washing machine is energy-efficient
- Also, these washing machines clean more thoroughly and remove stains better
- Some of the front load washing machines have special cycles, like eco-friendly cycles, stain removal cycles, sanitizing cycles, quick wash and wool cycle settings
- The front load used to agitate at 650 RPM during water removal
- The washing machine can be stacked on top of dryers to save space
Front-loader machine cons:
- Most of the front-loading washing machine cost hundreds of dollars more than their traditional counterparts
- Some of the special wash features of the front load washing machine can take up to 30 minutes longer to complete per cycle than the standard top-loader wash cycle
- More bells and whistles of the front loaders are inevitably mean more parts to wear out or break
- Some front-loading washing machines water trapped inside the wash drum and/or detergent dispenser can cause in a foul odour. You will get to know the best washing machine brand from here. Bosch is the best washing machine brand from here.
List of the top load washing machine
- Bosch 7 kg Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine (WAK24168IN, Silver)
- Bosch 6 kg Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine (WAB16060IN, White)
- Samsung 6 kg Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine (WW60M206LMW/TL, White)
- IFB 6 kg Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine (Diva Aqua SX, Silver)
- LG 6 kg Inverter Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine (FH0FANDNL02, White)
Also, check out another article about fully automatic vs semi-automatic.